Rank the Importance your items and check for logical consistency.
The Triptych AHP Worksheet can be used to prioritize (or rank) Items by performing pair-wise comparisons of Items against each other in terms of relative importance. The theory behind this approach comes from the Analytical Hierarchy Process developed by Thomas Saaty in 1980.
- Create and manage a AHP matrix with up to 200 x 200 Items
- Add, remove, or insert Items
- Expand matrix with the click of a button
- Compare Items against each other
- Sort Items by Row Total, Relative Importance, or Scaled Importance
- Automatic calculation of Relative Importance and Scaled Importance
The main advantage with AHP worksheets is that it can be easily applied in a group setting and allows a team to come to a consensus on the relative priority of any set of Items. For example, you can:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, 11
- Microsoft Excel 2013, 2016, 2019, 365
- WARNING: SDI Tools does not support these versions of Office 365 (Office from Microsoft Store, Office Online, Office for Mac, Office for iOS)
- Administrator rights required to install software
- Two comparison scales are available in the AHP (Importance) worksheet: SDI and Saaty.
- Click on the boxes below to see the scales.
- 9: Item A has absolute importance over Item B
- 8: Intermediate value
- 7: Item A has demonstrated importance over Item B
- 6: Intermediate value
- 5: Item A has essential or strong importance over Item B
- 4: Intermediate value
- 3: Item A has weak importance over Item B
- 2: Intermediate value
- 1: Item A is equally important as Item B
- 1/2: Intermediate value
- 1/3: Item B has weak importance over Item A
- 1/4: Intermediate value
- 1/5: Item B has essential or strong importance over Item A
- 1/6: Intermediate value
- 1/7: Item B has demonstrated importance over Item A
- 1/8: Intermediate value
- 1/9: Item B has absolute importance over Item A
This video shows AHP (Importance) using SDI Tools v3 in action. We will be updating this video to reflect changes to SDI Tools v4 soon.